“Sprite Alleged in Second Beijing Mercury Poisoning”
“A 13-year-old boy was hospitalized in Beijing on January 17 with mercury poisoning after drinking a can of Sprite, the second case of mercury poisoning from the soda brand in Beijing in less than three months, Beijing News reported February 1. A Beijing man was diagnosed with mercury poisoning on November 7 after drinking Sprite at a local restaurant, China Daily reports.
Beijing Coca-Cola Public Affairs Director Chen Yi responded that none of the company’s beverages contain mercury, and that every stage of Coca-Cola’s production process meets international standards. The company has investigated the case and found no mercury in products during testing, the report said. Police are investigating the case, Beijing News reported.”
Something tells me that this is going to be bad…especially if it happens on the level of the melamine-in-milk situation…